When my children were excited about an upcoming event, they used to say they were “on nins and peedles.”
Olivia and Wyatt have occupied space in my writer brain for years, so I’m delighted Waterfall gave me to the opportunity to share them with readers.
With that, here’s an intro to their story:
One moment, Olivia Kavanaugh is preparing to walk down the aisle and embrace her own happily ever after. The next, she learns that her fiancé, Wyatt Hammond, has been in a fatal car accident. Through the chaos and the grief, a startling discovery comes to light: Wyatt’s car wasn’t heading toward the church…toward Olivia anther happily ever after. He was fifty miles away…with a delicately wrapped baby gift in the backseat.
Her faith shaken, Olivia pores over the clues left behind, desperate to know where Wyatt was going that day and why. As she begins uncovering secrets, she also navigates a tense relationship with her judgmental mother and tries to ignore the attentions of a former boyfriend who’s moved back home. But when she starts receiving letters written by Wyatt before his death, she must confront a disturbing question: Can we ever know anyone fully, even someone we love?
When an unexpected path forward—though nothing like the life she once envisioned—offers the promise of a new beginning, will she be strong enough to let go of the past and move toward it?
I am and continue to be grateful for your support. You’ve encouraged me for years and, without you, this novel wouldn’t have been possible.
If you’ve made it this far (applause!), please see the details for the $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD below:
To be eligible to win:
-Purchase the Kindle, paperback, audio or MP3 version of Since You’ve Been Gone
-Send a copy of your order/receipt (copy and paste or photo upload) to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Post a comment on this blog letting me know you entered AND your email address so I can notify you if you’re the winner
-THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS AT MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2016.
-THE WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2016
Please, share this post with your friends!
A few random musings on this second day of 2016:
1. Yesterday, I called DirectTV to change the credit card for our automatic pay. Of course, the first voice belongs to the insistent automaton gate-keeper who no longer allows a direct connect to Customer Service without providing a reason she deems valid.
The bigger shock was that speaking to a human to make the change would cost $5.00. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Something about having to pay for human contact just strikes me as prostitutional…I’m asking for customer service, not customer servicing.
2. I’ve started a number of 30-day challenges (#planwithmechallenge, scripture writing plan, infinitepossibilitiesproject and probably others I’ve already forgotten) which are all motivational and affirming and enlightening, but with my commitments, I’m afraid it’s going to take me ninety days to finish them.
3. I’m becoming an Instagram junkie. If Facebook and Twitter are keeping attendance, I’ve been truant. I still post there, but usually by default from when I post on Insta.
4. We’ve moved, so no more Views from the Bywater Balcony (posted on Instagram). I miss my balcony, but for a number of reasons better discussed later, we’ve exchanged it for a view of a park with a duck pond.
We’re also now about two blocks away from Walmart. Walking there means buying less because it’s a beast to schlepp too much back home.
5. I’m excited about this year of writing…a book for Amazon’s Waterfall Press that’s scheduled for publication in October, finishing Digging Up Dirt, which has been delayed due to my contract, and several more ideas that I’m anxious to start.